Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error connecting to Hive Amazon EC2 using Cloudera Manager

Highlighted

Error connecting to Hive Amazon EC2 using Cloudera Manager

New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to install Cloudera Enterprise in Amazon EC2. In the "Starting the cluster step", I ran into this error

Creating Hive Metastore Database Tables

[ main] SqlRunner ERROR Error connecting to db with user 'hive' and jdbcUrl 'jdbc:postgresql://ip-10-134-205-163.ap-southeast-1.compute.internal:7432/hive'

I did not see this private DNS is my EC2 instances. How do I fix this?

Thanks!

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections. at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:136) at org.postgresql.core.ConnectionFactory.openConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:66) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:125) at org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:30) at org.postgresql.jdbc3g.AbstractJdbc3gConnection.(AbstractJdbc3gConnection.java:22) at org.postgresql.jdbc4.AbstractJdbc4Connection.(AbstractJdbc4Connection.java:30) at org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4Connection.(Jdbc4Connection.java:24) at org.postgresql.Driver.makeConnection(Driver.java:393) at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:267) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185) at com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.SqlRunner.open(SqlRunner.java:109) at com.cloudera.enterprise.dbutil.SqlRunner.runSingleQuery(SqlRunner.java:80) at com.cloudera.cmf.service.hive.HiveMetastoreDbUtil.countTables(HiveMetastoreDbUtil.java:191) ... 2 more Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:213) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200) at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:375) at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:189) at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.(PGStream.java:62) at org.postgresql.core.v3.ConnectionFactoryImpl.openConnectionImpl(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:76) ... 15 more