Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error in executing Oozie workflow with Sqoop

Error in executing Oozie workflow with Sqoop

New Contributor

I have written a Sqoop import script to import data from teradata to hive. It’s working fine when I run it from command line ,but when I put it in oozie workflow and try to execute through oozie I get the below error in Map Reduce logs

Below is my workflow.xml

<workflow-app name="sqoop-to-hive" xmlns="uri:oozie:workflow:0.4">

<start to="sqoop2hive"/>

<action name="sqoop2hive">

<sqoop xmlns="uri:oozie:sqoop-action:0.2">

<job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>

<name-node>${nameNode}</name-node>

<command>import --connect "jdbc:teradata&colon;//server.co/database=TS"-–driver
Com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver--username sqoop --password sqoop --table test --hive-import --hive-
 table test</command>

<archive>tdgssconfig.jar</archive>

<archive>terajdbc4.jar</archive>

<file>hive-site.xml</file>

</sqoop>

<ok to="end"/>

<error to="kill"/>

</action>

<kill name="kill">

<message>Action failed</message>

</kill>

<end name="end"/>

</workflow-app>
Map reduce log error: error reading /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/smore.jar; /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/smore.jar (Permission denied) error: error reading /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/janusclient.jar; /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/janusclient .jar (Permission denied) error: error reading /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/aster- networking.jar; /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/aster-networking.jar (Permission denied) error: error reading /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/adfs-api-loader.jar; /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/adfs-api-loader.jar (Permission denied) error: error reading /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/aftp.jar; /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/aftp.jar (Permission denied) error: error reading /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/adfs.jar; /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/adfs.jar (Permission denied) Note: /tmp/sqoop yarn/compile/f3aca99f37fa19e505b47bab1499bf5d/EXT_EVNT_ERR_ARC.java uses or overrides a deprecated API. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. Intercepting System.exit(1) Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.SqoopMain], exit code [1] che.sqoop.hive.HiveImport - **Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs:/user/yarn**

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Error in executing Oozie workflow with Sqoop

New Contributor

Hi,

Can you check permissions on  folder:

/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/

If it's a development try setting it to 755 and retry.