Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error in indexing topology

Error in indexing topology

New Contributor

Metron always can run normally first,but after some while,no data shows on kibana.And errors show as follow:

13045-indexingtopolyerr.png

13046-2.png

like screenshot shows ,no data reaches hdfsindexingbolt and indexingbolt.

Any help will be appreciated!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Error in indexing topology

New Contributor

@Jon Zeolla @cstella hey ,guys,could you give me some advices?

New Contributor

what is meaning of the color?

Highlighted

New Contributor

Can you provide more information about your environment? Is this vagrant full, quick, bare metal, etc.? Also, what data are you sending in? Is it getting parsed and enriched, but not indexed or something else?

New Contributor

Three physical machine for hdp, one physical machine for sensor.And i am sure data is parsed and enriched. Also i can find data in elasticsearch .

New Contributor

Data appears to be getting there, just not leaving there (which is correct as data only is emitted from the indexing bolts if there's an error and there have been no errors thusfar. Can you check the indices and make sure there's data? I suspect you'll find some.

New Contributor

I find data in elasticsearch ,so do you think it would be hdfs wrong?

Rising Star

@leo lee please post the Nimbus screen shot that includes Kafka Spout (Spouts section).

New Contributor

13105-3.png

I find out data in elasticsearch,but no data shows up in kibana.is there something wrong?

Rising Star

Thanks @leo lee

Yes, data should be getting to Elasticsearch, there are no errors/failures in the topology (based on your screenshot above)

To your question about the significance of color in Storm Topology visualization, it's showing relative load / performance of different bolts. The HDFS Indexing Bolt consumes a lot more time (75.776 ms) compared to other bolts.