Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error in pyspark startup:

Error in pyspark startup:

Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to install, config and run Jupyter Notebook on Hortonworks Docker Sandbox HDP with Centos 7. I have followed these steps.

I followed these steps: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/39128/tutorial-installconfigure-ipython-and-createrun-py....

/start_ipython_notebook.sh

I get the following error:

SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION is set to 2, using Spark2

Error in pyspark startup: IPYTHON and IPYTHON_OPTS are removed in Spark 2.0+. Remove these from the environment and set PYSPARK_DRIVER_PYTHON and PYSPARK_DRIVER_PYTHON_OPTS instead.

I am not sure what this means or what to do. Where in Centos do I go to set environment variables like these mentioned in the error?

Thanks,

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Error in pyspark startup:

Explorer

Hi @Paul Byrum,

Reading the tutorial I noted that on Step 7 the "--notebook-dir='/usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/spark/'" is setted to Spark 1 and not Spark 2.

I suggest that you change your spark version "SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION=1" and try to start your script again.

Regards

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I am new to Spark on Centos. What file do I make this change?

Highlighted

Explorer

On the shell, before execute your script.

export SPARK_MAJOR_VERSION=1;
./start_ipython_notebook.sh
Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for the help. That solved my problem.

Highlighted

Explorer

Great.

Remember to set the best answer.

By

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here