Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error installing CDH

Error installing CDH

Explorer

Hi,

When I try to install CDH i am getting this error 

Command failed to run because service Hive has invalid configuration. Review and correct its configuration. First error: When Hive is configured with Spark On YARN, Hive must also be configured with YARN.

Did anyone else faced the same issue ? 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Error installing CDH

Master Guru
I can't say I've faced this, but is YARN selected as the "MapReduce Service" under CM -> Hive -> Configuration?

New Contributor

I am facing the same issue. Any resolution ?

Explorer

We are having the same error during a CDH install wizard.

Any resolution?

New Contributor

I am getting the same error. I read some where that we need to restart from teh begining :(

Community Manager

Can you provide further details as @Harsh J has requested?

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum

New Contributor

Click on cloudera manager icon to open in another tab. Click Hive -> configuration tab -> select "YARN" in MapReduce servcie -> select save changes.

Retry cluster setup again.

I solved this problem following above process and successfully set up cdh5 cluster on AWS EC2 instances.

Champion

I wanted to share my experience in case it helped a few others out there in the community.  In my case I didn't have a Spark gateway on the same node as HS2 (a mis-click on my part).  The issue was that the installer would not retry in a proper way (by my standards) even though I went back and fixed the role assignment.  All attempts to make the change result in the same error on the same step while trying to finish my cluster install.  I haven't disected the installtion but at somepoint prior to the 'final' steps it has already created the cluster layout and configuration in CM.  And this can not be changed through the install wizard.  I opened CM in another tab.  I could see my brand new cluster with all services and a big error icon.  I corrected my issue here, making sure the original assignment matched and with the Spark gateway on the HS2 node as well.  Then I went back to the other tab with the install wizard and hit 'Retry'. I proceeded and finished my install.  This is how you need to handle any errors that come up regarding the configuration and it has already been committed to the CM database.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here