Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error message when starting the VM

Highlighted

Error message when starting the VM

New Contributor

I installed the Sandbox HDP 2.6.5, when I started the VM I got an error this message

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox HDP 2.6.5.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: ConsoleWrap
Interface: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Error message when starting the VM

Mentor

@Khaled Hussein

That error shows that your host machine has not enabled virtualization in the BIOS hence the VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

To enable Virtualization

Power on the machine and open see the attached screenshot the BIOS. Open the Processor submenu The processor settings menu may be hidden in the Chipset, Advanced CPU Configuration or Northbridge. EnableIntel Virtualization Technology (also known as IntelVT) or AMD-V depending on the brand of the processor.

For windows 10 for the step here

After restarting the host machine your sandbox should boot up normally, Please let me know.

vtx.jpg

Mentor

@Khaled Hussein

Any updates on this thread, if the above steps helped you resolve the Sandbox startup issue, please "Accept" the answer to close the thread so other HCC members could reference it.

Mentor

@Khaled Hussein

Can you update this thread, it's always nice to know whether my response helped and if it didn't what is the news status.

In the event, it helped please take time and "Accept" the response to close the thread and enable other members to reference it

Mentor

@Khaled Hussein

Please can you update this thread is this problem still unsolved if so can you share the latest error stack?

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

We are deploying similar sandbox in virtualbox in a virtual machine which cannot change the bios setting mentioned in above.

Trying the disable the VT-x option but no luck as it automatically enable it again if the machine is detected running 64-bit windows.

May I know if there is any other way around?

Thanks in advance!