Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error running Cloudera_Manager-Installer.bin

Highlighted

Error running Cloudera_Manager-Installer.bin

New Contributor

Hi,

I get this error message when running the Cloudera-Manager-Installer.bin. "Cloudera Manager Server failed to start. See /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer/6.start-scm-server.log for details." The log file reads "
Starting cloudera-scm-server: ^[[60G[^[[0;31mFAILED^[[0;39m]" Can you help me get passed this error?

Thanks,

Ronak

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Error running Cloudera_Manager-Installer.bin

Contributor
Can you look at "/var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log" and see what the error is?
Highlighted

Re: Error running Cloudera_Manager-Installer.bin

New Contributor

Hi Team,

I am also getting the same error.

in the /var/log/cloudera-manager-installer/6.start-scm-server.log -- show Starting cloudera-scm-server: ^[[60G[^[[0;31mFAILED^[[0;39m]

In the file /var/log/cloudera-scm-server/cloudera-scm-server.log ,below is the error message

Caused by: org.hibernate.service.classloading.spi.ClassLoadingException: Unable to load class [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver]
at org.hibernate.service.classloading.internal.ClassLoaderServiceImpl.classForName(ClassLoaderServiceImpl.java:141)
at org.hibernate.service.jdbc.connections.internal.C3P0ConnectionProvider.configure(C3P0ConnectionProvider.java:139)
... 43 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Could not load requested class : com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at org.hibernate.service.classloading.internal.ClassLoaderServiceImpl$1.findClass(ClassLoaderServiceImpl.java:99)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
at org.hibernate.service.classloading.internal.ClassLoaderServiceImpl.classForName(ClassLoaderServiceImpl.java:138)
... 44 more

[root@hadoop166 opt]# uname -a
Linux hadoop166.estuate 2.6.18-300.el5 #1 SMP Thu Dec 1 13:48:30 EST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards

Naveen

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here