Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error running valid Pig Script in HUE

Error running valid Pig Script in HUE

New Contributor

Hi,

I'm running the following script in the Pig Shell and it runs through just fine:

A = LOAD '/user/hue/movies_data.csv';
DUMP A;

When I'm running it inside the Pig Editor of HUE however the following errors appear in the log:

Run pig script using PigRunner.run() for Pig version 0.8+
2015-12-01 17:40:20,383 [uber-SubtaskRunner] INFO  org.apache.pig.Main  - Apache Pig version 0.12.0-cdh5.5.0 (rexported) compiled Nov 09 2015, 12:41:52
2015-12-01 17:40:20,384 [uber-SubtaskRunner] INFO  org.apache.pig.Main  - Logging error messages to: /data/2/yarn/local/usercache/hue/appcache/application_1448892860798_0021/container_1448892860798_0021_01_000001/pig-job_1448892860798_0021.log
2015-12-01 17:40:20,475 [uber-SubtaskRunner] INFO  org.apache.pig.impl.util.Utils  - Default bootup file /var/lib/hadoop-yarn/.pigbootup not found
2015-12-01 17:40:20,481 [uber-SubtaskRunner] ERROR org.apache.pig.impl.PigContext  - Encountered " "=" "= "" at line 1, column 1.
Was expecting one of:
    <EOF> 
    <IDENTIFIER> ...
    <COMMENT> ...

2015-12-01 17:40:20,486 [uber-SubtaskRunner] ERROR org.apache.pig.Main  - ERROR 2997: Encountered IOException. org.apache.pig.tools.parameters.ParseException: Encountered " "=" "= "" at line 1, column 1.
Was expecting one of:
    <EOF> 
    <IDENTIFIER> ...
    <COMMENT> ...

<<< Invocation of Main class completed <<<

Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.PigMain], exit code [2]

I'm using CDH 5.5.0.

What might be the issue here?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Error running valid Pig Script in HUE

Weird, it works for me on C5.5:

http://demo.gethue.com/pig

A = LOAD '/user/hue/pig/examples/data/midsummer.txt'; DUMP A;

What do you see if you click on the job status link and look at the
generated oozie workflow XML and script.pig file in the workspace?

Romain

New Contributor

Hi Romain

Well that's strange. It's working now. Don't know how that happened.

What's not working though is the log output inside the Pig Editor.

In order to view the log after completion I have to go to the Job Browser. Do you know how to fix that?

Explorer

Same problem

on DEMO server

and installed VM (CDH 5.8.0)

http://demo.gethue.com/pig/#logs/1101521

Explorer

I can add

A = LOAD '/user/hue/pig/examples/data/midsummer.txt';
DUMP A;

work OK from Grunt (when I run pig and then commands one by one )

but NOT from Hue

I suspect that problem with Hue user  because some OOzie jobs created - but NOT sure

ps in Fact from Hue NOTHING WORKS

from Grunt - ALL OK.

New Contributor

Ok I solved this problem in 3 seconds : create a new empty script, copy/paste the script in the new one, save, and resubmit. It worked for me (on HUE).

Explorer

Hi, 

I have the same problem. I am running under cloudera quickstart VM CDH 5.12.0 with Pig 0.12.0. When I run the following script from Grunt, it works well :

pig.PNG

But from the Hue editor it runs endlessly, with an error "Invalid container ID : cloudera" ...

I tried to increase the heap size of resourcemanager and node manager from 50 mb to 1 gb, just to try, and restarted yarn and oozie, but the issue remains.

I tried also the solution of Insigno2 bit it didn't work ... would you please have an idea ?

I could eventually change the system user of hue from 'hue' to 'cloudera', since this is my username ... ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards, Sélim