Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here. Want to know more about what has changed? Check out the Community News blog.

Error when executing the command : docker run

Highlighted

Error when executing the command : docker run

Explorer

Hello All - 

Today I have successfully installed Docker on my laptop and then I've executed the command and PULL was also successful. 

$ docker pull cloudera/quickstart:latest

$ docker images
REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED
VIRTUAL SIZE
cloudera/quickstart latest 7e0ff6dfbec6 2 weeks ago
6.213 GB

But when I executed the docker run command recieved the error 

$ docker run --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i cloudera/quickstart /usr/bin/docker-quickstart
exec: "C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/docker-quickstart": stat C:/Program Files/Gi
t/usr/bin/docker-quickstart: no such file or directory
Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 2cd2aa170885fe4ff33c34fac3ea3
17a3b3151cc7140575f92a218d657ad8a6d: [8] System error: exec: "C:/Program Files/G
it/usr/bin/docker-quickstart": stat C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/docker-quicksta
rt: no such file or directory

However, the following commands are successfully returning the results. 

$ docker run cloudera/quickstart which hadoop
/usr/bin/hadoop

$ docker run cloudera/quickstart hadoop version
Hadoop 2.6.0-cdh5.5.0
Subversion http://github.com/cloudera/hadoop -r fd21232cef7b8c1f536965897ce20f50
b83ee7b2
Compiled by jenkins on 2015-11-09T20:37Z
Compiled with protoc 2.5.0
From source with checksum 98e07176d1787150a6a9c087627562c
This command was run using /usr/jars/hadoop-common-2.6.0-cdh5.5.0.jar

Any idea, why the docker run fails when I mention /usr/bin/docker-quickstart it tries to find in C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/docker-quickstart: no such file or directory

Surprisingly, when I execute the  following command on Virtual Box which was installed part of docker installation it went fine however "hue" was failed. 

docker run --hostname=quickstart.cloudera --privileged=true -t -i cloudera/quickstart /usr/bin/docker-quickstart

I saw similar post which had the same error but there was no resolution so I am creating a separate post. 

Thanks,

Gokul

1 REPLY 1

Re: Error when executing the command : docker run

New Contributor

The issue was that I have download docker separately and created the image with this command, which is not supported in cloudera 5.10 and above.

tar xzf cloudera-quickstart-vm-*-docker.tar.gz

docker import - cloudera/quickstart:latest < cloudera-quickstart-vm--docker/.tar

so I finally removed the docker image and then pulled it properly

docker pull cloudera/quickstart:latest

now docker is properly up and running.