Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error when read hbase within spark rdd foreach action

Error when read hbase within spark rdd foreach action

New Contributor

I am trying to use spark streaming to consume a kafka message queue, within the foreachRdd operation, I am trying to read hbase within a rdd foreach action according to the messages that taking out from kafka. But I am getting some errors, looks like there are some dead lock. Anybody can help me figure out what's the issue here?
Below is the code details.

KafkaUtils.createStream(streamingContext,kafkazk,kafkaGroup,kafkaTopic.split(",").map(_.trim -> 1).toMap)
.foreachRDD(_.processRDD(new CQRequestContext(null,new DBRequestContext(prefix,dbName,tableName,null,null,null))))
streamingContext.start()
streamingContext.awaitTermination()

I am trying to do some hbase read with in each rdd foreach action, I am trying to create a hbase connection inthe foreachPartition action, in order to reduce the connection numbers.

def processRDD(cQRequestContext: CQRequestContext) = {
rdd.foreachPartition(iterator=>{
val connection = ConnectionFactory.createConnection(HbaseUtil.getHbaseConfiguration("FdsCQ"));
val hTable= connection.getTable(TableName.valueOf("cqdev:sampleTestTable"))

try {
iterator.foreach(requestTuple =>{
//processAIPRequest(requestTuple._2,cQRequestContext,myTable)

val p = new Put(Bytes.toBytes("dabao12345"))
p.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.COLUMN_FAMILY), Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.RESPONSE_CONTENT), Bytes.toBytes("content"))
p.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.COLUMN_FAMILY), Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.PACKAGE_NOS), Bytes.toBytes("response"))
p.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.COLUMN_FAMILY), Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.ABUSE_PACKAGES_NO), Bytes.toBytes("response"))
p.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.COLUMN_FAMILY), Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.RESPONSE_CODE), Bytes.toBytes("responseCode"))
p.addColumn(Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.COLUMN_FAMILY), Bytes.toBytes(SellerConstants.CQ_ABUSE_RESULT.RESPONSE_STATUS), Bytes.toBytes("respone"))
hTable.put(p)

})

} finally {
//scanner.close
hTable.close()
connection.close()
}

})
}

And finally, I am getting below error, After debug I found this is not something like running out of connection from hbase, During testing I only put one message into kafka, and when the first time I am trying to create the hbase connection, I got the below errors.

java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn.submitRequest(ClientCnxn.java:1342)
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.exists(ZooKeeper.java:1036)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper.exists(RecoverableZooKeeper.java:222)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKUtil.checkExists(ZKUtil.java:481)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKClusterId.readClusterIdZNode(ZKClusterId.java:65)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ZooKeeperRegistry.getClusterId(ZooKeeperRegistry.java:86)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.retrieveClusterId(ConnectionManager.java:849)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(ConnectionManager.java:670)
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:238)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:218)
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionFactory.createConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:119)
com.XXXXXXXX.func.CQStreamingFunction$$anonfun$processRDD$1.apply(CQStreamingFunction.scala:50)
com.XXXXXXXX.func.CQStreamingFunction$$anonfun$processRDD$1.apply(CQStreamingFunction.scala:49)
org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$foreachPartition$1$$anonfun$apply$29.apply(RDD.scala:898)
org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$foreachPartition$1$$anonfun$apply$29.apply(RDD.scala:898)
org.apache.spark.SparkContext$$anonfun$runJob$5.apply(SparkContext.scala:1850)
org.apache.spark.SparkContext$$anonfun$runJob$5.apply(SparkContext.scala:1850)
org.apache.spark.scheduler.ResultTask.runTask(ResultTask.scala:66)
org.apache.spark.scheduler.Task.run(Task.scala:88)
org.apache.spark.executor.Executor$TaskRunner.run(Executor.scala:214)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Further more the above error only happens, when I try to run my spark streaming job in yarn-cluster mode in a yarn cluster, When I run in local mode in my local machine and connect to the remote hbase, everything works fine.

Env Details: CDH 5.5.2 with spark 1.5.0