Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Error when running the ./run_ansible_role.sh metron,

Explorer

Dear All,

I am in the process of installing "Metron" using the vagrant and virtualbox tools. In the "/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/vagrant/quick-dev-platform" directory, I have successfully performed "vagrant up" and run the roles: run_ansible_role.sh ambari-agent & run_ansible_role hdp-deploy. When I try to run the run_ansible_role.sh metron , I get the following error:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [httplib2 : Install python httplib2 dependency] *************************** ok: [node1]

TASK [libselinux-python : Install libselinux-python] *************************** ok: [node1]

TASK [elasticsearch : include] ************************************************* included: /home/maziar/Downloads/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/roles/elasticsearch/tasks/elasticsearch.yml for node1

TASK [elasticsearch : Add Elasticsearch GPG key] ******************************* fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "module_stderr": "", "module_stdout": "Traceback (most recent call last):\r\n File \"/home/vagrant/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1483191950.51-259321287789123/rpm_key\", line 2942, in <module>\r\n main()\r\n File \"/home/vagrant/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1483191950.51-259321287789123/rpm_key\", line 203, in main\r\n RpmKey(module)\r\n File \"/home/vagrant/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1483191950.51-259321287789123/rpm_key\", line 87, in __init__\r\n keyfile = self.fetch_key(key)\r\n File \"/home/vagrant/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1483191950.51-259321287789123/rpm_key\", line 121, in fetch_key\r\n key = rsp.read()\r\nAttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'read'\r\n", "msg": "MODULE FAILURE", "parsed": false}

PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************* node1 : ok=21 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1

Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

How can I begin to understand this error? Can anyone guide me where to look for this error?

Please note that I looked at the file "

included: /home/maziar/Downloads/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/roles/elasticsearch/tasks/elasticsearch.yml for node1" , and I can see in the beginning of this file the repository of ElasticSearch is being addressed, I went and looked at the this repository "

- name: Add Elasticsearch GPG key rpm_key: key: https://packages.elastic.co/GPG-KEY-elasticsearch state: present

"

This repository shows completely empty in the browser, is it supposed to be like this? Or the error is not due to this, how can I fix this error ? If I need to proceed a different way please let me know.

Best regards,

Maziar

3 REPLIES 3

Rising Star

Hi @Maziar Tasbihi,

Can you tell me why you ran run_ansbile_role manually after the vagrant up? Vagrant up should be sufficient for starting quick dev.

Thanks,

-D...

Explorer

Hi David,

Thank you for you reply. I use the run_ansible_role , because after I do the "vagrant up", I can just see the node1:8080 which I can see the "Ambari" with all the servers installed. Where is the metron? Which we can configure how we can read from ethernet ports and monitor ethernet ports? Is't this going to be on the port node1:5000 ? If not where is the functionality of metron? Becuase all I can see from "Ambari" on port 8080 is the BigData servers such as HDFS, Zookeeper, Storm, etc. I cannot see where is metron kafka and storm channels and how can we see the ethernet ports being analyzed ?

Best regards,

Maziar

Rising Star

The quick dev environment won't currently show the Metron service in the Ambari view. It installs it without Ambari.

If you navigate to node1:5000 you should see a Kibana dashboard.

-D...