Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error while connecting Hive

Highlighted

Error while connecting Hive

Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to connect Hortonworks using Kerberos authentication but somehow i am getting below error :-

[FATAL]: dev_workspace.job_prod_fmly_d_0_1.job_PROD_FMLY_D - tHiveConnection_1 Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://FQDN:10000/default;principal=hive/xxx.xxx.xx.xx@XXXXXXXXXX: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Quick workaround would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinitkumar

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Error while connecting Hive

@Vinitkumar Pandey Please post the complete stackTrace of the error that you are getting.

Also can you please check if you have a valid kerberos ticket on the host where you are running this ?

Example:

klist
Highlighted

Mentor

@Vinitkumar Pandey please refrain from publishing your company's hive connection string in public forum. I am moving this thread to moderation.

Explorer

Has your kerberos ticket expired? Could you renew the ticket again and then try connecting?

Highlighted

Contributor

Hi Vinitkumar Pandey,

Please verify whether you have

1.valid ticket for that session use command 'klist' and check the expiration time.

2.whether 10000 port on hive server2 is OPEN and ensure HIVEServer2 is running on that m/c.

Please refer this article

https://streever.atlassian.net/wiki/display/HADOOP/Hive+JDBC+Extended+Connection+URL+Examples

if it helps dont forget to upvote .

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here