Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error while trying to use Kafka console consumer after enabling kerberos.

Error while trying to use Kafka console consumer after enabling kerberos.

New Contributor

Hi,

I am getting the below error when i try to use the kafka console consumer.

WARN consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread: [securing-kafka-group_blb44cehcdh003-1499686482500-dae6890c-leader-finder-thread], Failed to find leader for Set([test,0]) kafka.common.BrokerEndPointNotAvailableException: End point PLAINTEXT not found for broker 166 at kafka.cluster.Broker.getBrokerEndPoint(Broker.scala:141) at kafka.utils.ZkUtils$$anonfun$getAllBrokerEndPointsForChannel$1.apply(ZkUtils.scala:171) at kafka.utils.ZkUtils$$anonfun$getAllBrokerEndPointsForChannel$1.apply(ZkUtils.scala:171) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:245) at scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:59) at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:48) at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:245) at scala.collection.AbstractTraversable.map(Traversable.scala:104) at kafka.utils.ZkUtils.getAllBrokerEndPointsForChannel(ZkUtils.scala:171) at kafka.consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager$LeaderFinderThread.doWork(ConsumerFetcherManager.scala:65) at kafka.utils.ShutdownableThread.run(ShutdownableThread.scala:63) 17/07/10 17:04:50 INFO consumer.ConsumerFetcherManager: [ConsumerFetcherManager-1499686482546] Added fetcher for partitions ArrayBuffer()

I could not add --security-protocol SASL_PLAINTEXT like i add in hdp kafka. I even tried giving manual consumer.property,but thats not working out. Is there any other way to specify that security protocol to the console-consumer???

Regards,

Aravind