Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Every cluster creation hangs at update in progress: "Bootstrapping infrastructure cluster"

Contributor

I've been able to do one test install with Cloudbreak this morning. The second install failed and had to be terminated. After that, every install hangs at the 'update in progress: Bootstrapping infrastructure cluster' fase. I can't discover the cause. Where could I look to find the reason for the hanged cluster rollout?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi,

22 and 9443 must be open otherwise the provision will fail. 9443 is used with 2-way-ssl for CB to orchestrate the install.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru
@Peter Teunissen

If you log into the Cloudbreak Deployer node via SSH, you can access the logs in /var/lib/cloudbreak-deployer. You can also run the cbd logs command (as root) to see output of the logs in realtime as the cluster is deploying.

Contributor

in the log I see a time out:

cloudbreak_1   | 2017-03-21 21:28:13,027 [reactorDispatcher-4] isBootstrapApiAvailable:262 INFO  c.s.c.o.s.SaltOrchestrator - [owner:spring] [type:springLog] [id:] [name:] Failed to connect to bootstrap app org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to 52.232.xxx.xxx:9443 [/52.232.xxx.xxx] failed: Connection timed out (Connection timed out

seems the bootstrap app failed to start...

Contributor

Ah, silly me. I made a security group and forgot to add port 9443. <facepalm>

Super Collaborator

Hi,

22 and 9443 must be open otherwise the provision will fail. 9443 is used with 2-way-ssl for CB to orchestrate the install.