Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Exception while adding property to safety valve in cloudera manager enterprise trial 4.8.0

Exception while adding property to safety valve in cloudera manager enterprise trial 4.8.0

Explorer

Hi,

I'm currently using Cloudera Enterprise Trial 4.8.0 (#50 built by Jenkins on 20131125-1015 git: 48c25adb872f94de22b61868e82700217853b60e) with CDH 4.5.0-1.cdh4.5.0.p0.30.

When i try to add few additional properties in safety valve of HDFS, HBase services, it throws exception

Command failed to start: com.cloudera.cmf.service.config.ConfigGenException: Unable to parse XML safety valve

Kindly can any one help me out if i'm missing anything here. Has any one faced the same issue earlier.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Exception while adding property to safety valve in cloudera manager enterprise trial 4.8.0

Super Collaborator
Sandeep, please show us what you are setting, and the specific safety
valve name you are setting it in.

Re: Exception while adding property to safety valve in cloudera manager enterprise trial 4.8.0

Explorer

Hi Tgrayson,

Thanks for the reply.

Please find the properties that i'm trying to insert into the safety valve.

<property>
<name>hdfs.ipc.client.tcpnodelay</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>ipc.server.tcpnodelay</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
<name>ipc.client.tcpnodelay</name>
<value>true</value>
</property>

Please let me know if anything else required.

Thanks,

Sandeep B A

Explorer
Hi,
In the logs, it was unable to load some bundle classes.
So,I restarted the cloudera-scm-server and now i'm able to save my properties in safety valve.
Thanks,
Sandeep BA

We've seen that problem when the JDK is upgraded while CM server is running, and restarting CM fixes it.