Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

External database server maintenance and reboot - what about cluster service?

New Contributor

We are using external database PostgreSQL for all our service like Hive, Sentry, Hue, etc. on our Hadoop cluster. We need to apply periodic security patches and reboot this Linux server hosting PostgreSQL database.

My question is what should we do with Hadoop cluster during this PostgreSQL server maintenance and reboot. We will ensure that this cluster is not used during this maintenance window.

Should we put Hadoop cluster in maintenance mode or we should completely stop the service on this cluster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Hi @OFRPRANDERIA

First, putting an entity into maintenance mode only suppresses the alerts that those events would otherwise generate. You can see a history of all the events that were recorded for entities during the period that those entities were in maintenance mode.

Only if you have higher-level entity or priority services put those in maintenance mode.

If not, I recommended you to stop the service and then restart.

Regards,

Manu.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

Hi @OFRPRANDERIA

First, putting an entity into maintenance mode only suppresses the alerts that those events would otherwise generate. You can see a history of all the events that were recorded for entities during the period that those entities were in maintenance mode.

Only if you have higher-level entity or priority services put those in maintenance mode.

If not, I recommended you to stop the service and then restart.

Regards,

Manu.