Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

FALCON log

FALCON log

New Contributor

Hi all,

Could you please tell me how setup falcon log?

In ambari web-ui :

Falcon Log Dir : /var/opt/hosting/falcon/log

i don't see any log except falcon.out log

regards

6 REPLIES 6

Re: FALCON log

@mayki wogno

If Falcon log dir is set to "/var/opt/hosting/falcon/log" then logs should get published at that path.

Can you verify if Falcon is running? If Falcon is not running application log will not be generated. You can take look at falcon.out log to see if there are any errors.

Couple of debug pointers

1>Run ps -eaf|grep falcon and look for log dir in the Falcon process

2> You can find all the open files of a process using lsof -p <process-id> or ls -l /proc/<process-id>/fd and look for log files

3> Run find / -name *.log and log for falcon.application.log or application.log files to see if they are published in some other directory

Thanks!

New Contributor

Falcon is started because I can submit cluster and feed entities. I'm already find in slash but nothing in the log directory

I need this log file because I've got a standard error when I've scheduled a replication feed.

Can you try to find the log file using the debug pointers I provided?

New Contributor

@Sowmya Ramesh : thanks for your help.

for my falcon installation, falcon.application.log is rename application.log and it is in the directory but i don't know why.

/usr/hdp/2.3.4.0-3485/falcon/target/logs/application.log

Rising Star
@mayki wogno

Please go to Ambari, click on Falcon service, now go to configs and go to "Advanced falcon-env". This is where the log dir is configured for falcon. The log name should be falcon.application.log

New Contributor

Here the falcon-env parameters

falcon-env.png
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here