Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Facing issue in installation of HDP sandbox 2.6.1

Hi I have downloaded HDP 2.6.1 sandbox.installing it in vmware workstation .

But it got stuck and not moving ahead after "Started cleanup temp directories"

My system configuration is windows os i3 and 8GB RAM.

When I had started installing in vm ware it was giving Linux installation options.

I am new to this hortonworks tech .can anybody help me to resolve this issue?

35 REPLIES 35

Jay SenSharma port 8888 is accessible from localhost only.If I want to connect it with other machine using LAN.so I have to provide ip address of my machine. I am not able to perform this as I am not able to add new host/ ip followed ur instructions.

Master Mentor

@pooja shrivastava

Have you resolved the issue.

Master Mentor

@Nilambari Ahuja

What exactly are you experiencing ?

New Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot I have my host machine Win-10 with total 8GB RAM and sandboxes could not start on both VMware player and virtualbox. It stucks at either "Started cleanup of temporary directories" or " Network dispatcher" service. I tried all network adapter optioins with a 4GB/5GB/6GB rams and 2/3 processors.

I am looking at alternate solution if any other than increasing RAM of laptop, can I use Azure/cloud . What is the process to start on it?

Master Mentor

@Nilambari Ahuja

Sorry to announce the bad news, HDP sandbox needs minimum 12GB memory. (8GB for HDP and 4 GB for the OS) so to successfully install HDP you should have a12GB ->16GB for great performance.

Hope that helps.

Nilambari Ahuja Geoffrey Shelton Okot Yes,I am able to resolve the issue.

I guess there is a problem with vmware HDP because when I used 16 GM memory still It was not getting installed.

So I have used virtualbox where it installed within 10 minuts.

Master Mentor

@Nilambari Ahuja

There you go , the hanging was due to memory issues.

Expert Contributor

Hey everyone, I have also problem setting up my sandbox, listen up. I'm in a windows 10 and I set for my VM 13GB RAM and 2 processors, I have enough storage but always when I start it up I got this message:

34711-2017-09-07-21-10-54.png

And then the machine stuck a long time loading the OS CentOS. Someone could please let me know how could I figure it out?

thanks

Andres Urrego try to install using virtualbox.

Expert Contributor

I moved forward VirtualBox and same results I can't start up my VM. I don't get any error , the vm just stay all time loading the OS