Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Failure configuring HA

Highlighted

Failure configuring HA

Expert Contributor

I have done the configuration HA for YARN, I followed the wisard in enable ResourceManager HA to enable the nameode and Snamenode. and for some raison I cancel the wizard in the last step, I thought I can done it again later.

So when I cancel the config process all services turn off and I got lot of alerts (scary!! right).

so I tried to restart all the services but I could not. there is something wrong With my Snamenode.

in addition when I try to start the service I see that the service Snamenode in my standby namenode is in maintenance mode

This is the erreur msg:

error-body.txt

1 REPLY 1

Re: Failure configuring HA

Contributor

When you have started HA process and quit that in last step, you have run most of the steps which are required to configure HA for Namenode. After quit on last step means the namenode and Secondary namenode formatting didn't happen and whole configuration did't run properly.

So, there is one clear outright problem I could see is namenode is not formatted. and this can also be seen in log file provided by you.

Kindly, format your namenode using below command:

hdfs namenode -format

Once, namenode is formatted you can go to ambari console and start up the namenode services.

Also, you can change the mode from console go to HDFS(Left Side) -> Service Actions(Right side) -> Turn off Maintainance Mode

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here