Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Failure during the step "Install, start and test"

Highlighted

Failure during the step "Install, start and test"

ambari-service-install-failure.pngambari-services.txt

Hi,

I'm trying to install HDP stack 2.3 in Ubuntu 14.04 . During the service installation at step 'Install, start and test' it is failing after some services got installed. Not sure which of the service installation is actually failing. Also I'm not aware of where to get the exact log. Attaching the services list and the screenshot.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Failure during the step "Install, start and test"

Guru

Click on 'Failures encountered' and you should see some details on the errors. You can also look at /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log and /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log.

Highlighted

@Subrata Bandyopadhyay

As the failure is happening at the last phase, previous steps got executed fine. So it will be best to click on the "Failure Encountered" link to see where exactly it is failing. If the installation is done and if it is failing only at the service start/test phase then you can Skip that part by clicking "Next" button and then from the ambari Dashboard you can start those services manually.

Highlighted

I'll try to click on the link "Failure Encountered" and see what I can get.

Also before I placing the issue here I tried to look into the log files located at /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log and /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log , but there was no such log file. There was only ".pid" files in those locations.

The Next button is also not enabled over there.

Again let me try to click on the "Failure Encountered" link and see if I get something.

Thanks all for responses on this.

Highlighted

@Joy;@Ravi Mutyala

First of all thanks for the help. I clicked into the link "Failure Encountered" and found that Mahout is errored out. Attaching the log and screenshot. Please have a look and suggest next steps. By that time I've unchecked Mahout from installing. Currently Metrics Monitor is getting installed.mahout-install-log.txtmahout-install-failure.png