Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Falcon & Oozie servers doesn't start after HDP 2.4 Install

Falcon & Oozie servers doesn't start after HDP 2.4 Install

New Contributor

Installed HPD 2.4 using Ambari Automated Install on CentOS 7 (3 node install). Install has been completed successfully but Atlas, Falcon, Oozie servers were not starting.

For Atlas: I have manually installed atlas rpm but the service is keep shutting down.

Falcon: /usr/hdp/current/falcon-server/data-mirroring directory was missing. I have manually created the directory and now it fails with missing falcon-start file.

resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/hdp/current/falcon-server/bin/falcon-start -port 15000' returned 127. -bash: /usr/hdp/current/falcon-server/bin/falcon-start: No such file or directory

oozie server : is failing with following error

raise Fail(err_msg) resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh cp /usr/hdp/current/falcon-client/oozie/ext/falcon-oozie-el-extension-*.jar /usr/hdp/current/oozie-server/libext' returned 1. cp: cannot stat '/usr/hdp/current/falcon-client/oozie/ext/falcon-oozie-el-extension-*.jar': No such file or directory

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Falcon & Oozie servers doesn't start after HDP 2.4 Install

Explorer

Hi Hari,

On the falcon & oozie server machine can you try and run yum install oozie* falcon*

If they are already installed - then we can look at removing them and re-installing them.

Let me know how you get on

Dave

New Contributor

Thanks Dave. I will keep you posted.

Hi Hari, I am facing the same issue . Were you able to get it solved ? I tried the method mentioned above, but the issue is not resolved .

Expert Contributor

Hello, are you following http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.2.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/index.html ?

Maybe there were steps missed or hdp-select failed to run properly.

If a particular service started complained about the missing jars and you ran the yum install service_name* on all nodes, then you might need to recreate the shortcuts with hdp-select (on all nodes):

hdp-select set all $(hdp-select versions|sort|tail -1)