Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Falcon extension libraries missing. HDP 2.5

Highlighted

Falcon extension libraries missing. HDP 2.5

Explorer

I am trying to mirror set of directories from HDP 2.3.4 to HDP 2.5 and I am using Falcon's HDFS-Mirroring extension to do this. However, when I run the job it fails. When I took a close look at the error, it seems like the extension libraries which are supposed to be under HDFS path "/apps/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring/libs/runtime" are missing. The same is true of all falcon extensions. I tried to copy this from the instance where falcon server is running, but the corresponding folders (Ex. /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring/libs/runtime) are also empty.

Where can I find the relevant jar files so that I can copy them into my local instance as well as HDFS?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Falcon extension libraries missing. HDP 2.5

Cloudera Employee

Remove the falcon service and reinstall it with ambari.

Highlighted

Explorer

I reinstalled Falcon using Ambari and it did not make any difference. The files under /apps/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring/libs/runtime are still missing.

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

you need to create directory /apps/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring.

Verify the link https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/55382/hive-disaster-recovery-using-falcon.html

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Ram, thanks for the tips. Those directories already exists but empty. So, not sure what else I may need to do. I opened a ticket with Hortonworks support. Will update this forum once I have a resolution.

Highlighted

New Contributor

I am also facing the similar kind of issue.