Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Falcon extension libraries missing. HDP 2.5

Falcon extension libraries missing. HDP 2.5

Explorer

I am trying to mirror set of directories from HDP 2.3.4 to HDP 2.5 and I am using Falcon's HDFS-Mirroring extension to do this. However, when I run the job it fails. When I took a close look at the error, it seems like the extension libraries which are supposed to be under HDFS path "/apps/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring/libs/runtime" are missing. The same is true of all falcon extensions. I tried to copy this from the instance where falcon server is running, but the corresponding folders (Ex. /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring/libs/runtime) are also empty.

Where can I find the relevant jar files so that I can copy them into my local instance as well as HDFS?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Falcon extension libraries missing. HDP 2.5

Cloudera Employee

Remove the falcon service and reinstall it with ambari.

Explorer

I reinstalled Falcon using Ambari and it did not make any difference. The files under /apps/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring/libs/runtime are still missing.

Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

you need to create directory /apps/falcon/extensions/hdfs-mirroring.

Verify the link https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/55382/hive-disaster-recovery-using-falcon.html

Explorer

Hi Ram, thanks for the tips. Those directories already exists but empty. So, not sure what else I may need to do. I opened a ticket with Hortonworks support. Will update this forum once I have a resolution.

New Contributor

I am also facing the similar kind of issue.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here