Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Falló al abrir una sesión para la máquina virtual cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.4.2-0-virtualbox

New Contributor

Hello everbody, I just want to ask you what could I do because when I try to start the program of Cloudera in Virtualbox, it shows up this: 

First window: "virtualbox - Error in supR3HardenedWinReSpawn.. and details..

Second window:

The virtual machine 'cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.4.2-0-virtualbox' has terminated unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1 (0x1). More details may be available in 'C:\Users\User\VirtualBox VMs\cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.4.2-0-virtualbox\Logs\VBoxHardening.log'.

I cant find a solution and I dont know what to do more.. I would appreciate to receive comments and possible solution, thanks a lot!

Armando S.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Army 

It appears that you are attempting to run a version of the Cloudera Quickstart VM that is based on CDH 5.4.2. Hopefully you are aware that the 5.4.2 version of CDH was released way back in May 2015 (that was quite a while ago, especially in terms of "internet time") and is probably severely out of date when compared to the hardware, host OS and virtualization platform you are attempting to run it on. In addition, Cloudera is no longer making that version of the Cloudera Quickstart VM available for download because the version of CDH it was based on went out of support last year. For both these reasons, obtaining a quick resolution to your specific issue from the Cloudera Community will be challenging.

Unless you have some very compelling reason to run the Quickstart VM, you'd be much better off installing and running a much more up-to-date data platform. The current Enterprise Data Platform available from Cloudera is Cloudera Data Platform (CDP), which in it's on-premises "form factor" is offered as CDP Private Cloud. CDP supersedes CDH as it is fairly up to date on all the included components, which is not the case with CDH 5.4.2. You can download and install the Trial Version of CDP Private Cloud Base Edition of Cloudera Data Platform without an existing valid Cloudera subscription.

All that being said, if you must troubleshoot your particular installation of the Cloudera Quickstart VM, your logical first step would be to examine the log file located on your file system at the location

C:\Users\User\VirtualBox VMs\cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.4.2-0-virtualbox\Logs\VBoxHardening.log

…and take steps based on what it says. You stand a better chance of obtaining assistance if you cut-and-paste the text present in that file in a reply to this thread; that might jog the memory of some other community member with specific expertise on virtual box.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.