Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Fastcapa Test Environment not work in Metron 0.3.0

Contributor

Hi,

On running up the vagrant up I am getting this error

sink: Running ansible-playbook...ERROR! role definitions must contain a role name

The error appears to have been in '/root/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/vagrant/fastcapa-test-platform/playbook.yml': line 30, column 7, but maybe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.The offending line appears to be:  - { role: sensor-test-mode, pcap_replay: True, install_yaf: False, install_snort: False }  - service: name=pcap-replay state=started  ^ hereAnsible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should bevisible above. Please fix these errors and try again.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Farrukh, you've found a bug for which I have created METRON-645. Thanks so much for highlighting the problem.

I have submitted a fix as PR 401. Feel free to give it a go.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Explorer

43838-capture85.jpg

43839-capture84.jpg

43840-capture74.jpg

43843-capture68.jpg

Cant find any solution to this !!

Contributor

Hi, Thanks @nallen

How would I redirect pcap data from fastcapa-test-enviorment to say quick-development VM's ?

Expert Contributor

I doubt that is possible. At least, I don't know how to do it. Part of the Vagrant definition for each of these environments defines the virtual network that is used by each VM. I am not sure how you would bridge the two networks after each of these environments are already running.

You could definitely create you own Vagrant definition that accomplishes this, but it is not something that can be done with the existing environments.