Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Filesystem exception

SOLVED Go to solution
Highlighted

Filesystem exception

Guru

ERROR [2015-12-16 01:00:18,427] ({qtp236231130-50} NotebookServer.java[onMessage]:157) - Can't handle message org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Could not write to "file:///opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Filesystem exception

Guru

I found the solution. I had copied this notebook from an earlier version of zeppelin by pasting it in the /opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/. That will not work. I believe the newer version of Zeppelin will include the ability to import notebooks. However, copying and pasting the notebook's note.json file between the same version allows you to import a notebook successfully as long as you are copying between the same versions.

7 REPLIES 7

@Vedant Jain ls -l /opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/

Rising Star

Hi Vedant,

Can you provide information mentioned here Link ? It will allow others to get a better understanding and hopefully to a solution.

Guru

Hey guys, this was happening only on notebooks that I had imported from other versions of Zeppelin. Is this an incompatiility issue? or the way to import is not by copying and pasting into the $ZEP_HOME/notebooks directory?

Mentor

@Vedant Jain are you still having issues with this? Can you accept best answer or provide your own solution?

Guru

I found the solution. I had copied this notebook from an earlier version of zeppelin by pasting it in the /opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/. That will not work. I believe the newer version of Zeppelin will include the ability to import notebooks. However, copying and pasting the notebook's note.json file between the same version allows you to import a notebook successfully as long as you are copying between the same versions.

@Vedant Jain I have accepted this again :)

Guru