Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Filesystem exception

Guru

ERROR [2015-12-16 01:00:18,427] ({qtp236231130-50} NotebookServer.java[onMessage]:157) - Can't handle message org.apache.commons.vfs2.FileSystemException: Could not write to "file:///opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

I found the solution. I had copied this notebook from an earlier version of zeppelin by pasting it in the /opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/. That will not work. I believe the newer version of Zeppelin will include the ability to import notebooks. However, copying and pasting the notebook's note.json file between the same version allows you to import a notebook successfully as long as you are copying between the same versions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Mentor

@Vedant Jain ls -l /opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/

Expert Contributor

Hi Vedant,

Can you provide information mentioned here Link ? It will allow others to get a better understanding and hopefully to a solution.

Guru

Hey guys, this was happening only on notebooks that I had imported from other versions of Zeppelin. Is this an incompatiility issue? or the way to import is not by copying and pasting into the $ZEP_HOME/notebooks directory?

Master Mentor

@Vedant Jain are you still having issues with this? Can you accept best answer or provide your own solution?

Guru

I found the solution. I had copied this notebook from an earlier version of zeppelin by pasting it in the /opt/incubator-zeppelin/notebook/. That will not work. I believe the newer version of Zeppelin will include the ability to import notebooks. However, copying and pasting the notebook's note.json file between the same version allows you to import a notebook successfully as long as you are copying between the same versions.

Master Mentor

@Vedant Jain I have accepted this again 🙂

Guru