Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

First installation of Nifi using Ambari (HDF 3.0) failed

Highlighted

First installation of Nifi using Ambari (HDF 3.0) failed

Explorer

Hi I am a newbie on HDF.

I try to test Nifi on a AWS EC2 4 nodes cluster using Ambari to install HDF 3.0.

In the cluster install wizard I choose to setup only up Nifi Zookeeper (as it is a pre-requisite). After setting Zookeeper and Nifi as shown on the nodes_config picture, the only change I've done at the Customize Services step is to setup the Encrypt Configuration Master Key Password and the Sensitive property values encryption password.

When clicking Next I got a warning and an error as shown inthe attached picture errors-config-nifi-with-ambari.

What should I do?

23415-errors-config-nifi-with-ambari.png

23414-nodes-config.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: First installation of Nifi using Ambari (HDF 3.0) failed

@David Bon-Salomon

Go ahead and select "Proceed Anyway". I see that issue when I've installed HDF and it worked with no issues.

I think you see that when installing the Certificate Authority but don't set the CA token.

Highlighted

Explorer

So I "proceed anyway". Nifi starts on all nodes but after a couple of minutes stopped. I can't connect to the NFI UI on any node (error return by Edge: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND). What's wrong ? Where to look?

Explorer

Not a lot of insights until now... I suspect that my free subscription to AWS EC2 could be the culprit (how could I be sure that it's the root cause?).

It is possible that the default config (t2.micro) does not give enough memory to run nifi. I'll try with a t2.small instance.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here