Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Flume not writing data to HDFS

Highlighted

Flume not writing data to HDFS

Explorer

Hi,

I am trying to write data with flume but unfortunately the data is not getting transferred to HDFS. Here is the file I am using. Trying to add the tail statements of hadoop log.

I can see the source and sink are synchronized but not sure why the data is not getting written to hdfs. Am I missing anything here.

Command: [cloudera@localhost flume-ng]$ flume-ng agent -n agent -f conf/flume.properties -Dflume.root.logger=DEBUG,console

Flume.Properties: 

agent.channels.memoryChannel.type = memory
agent.channels.memoryChannel.capacity = 100

# Define a source on agent and connect to channel memoryChannel.
agent.sources.tail-source.type = exec
agent.sources.tail-source.command = tail -F /var/log/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/hadoop-cmf-mapreduce1-JOBTRACKER-localhost.localdomain.log
agent.sources.tail-source.channels = memoryChannel

# Define a sink that outputs to logger.
agent.sinks.log-sink.channel = memoryChannel
agent.sinks.log-sink.type = logger

agent.sinks.hdfs-sink.channel = memoryChannel
agent.sinks.hdfs-sink.type = hdfs
agent.sinks.hdfs-sink.hdfs.path = /tmp/data/events
agent.sinks.hdfs-sink.hdfs.fileType = DataStream

# Activate channel, source and sinks
agent.channels = memoryChannel
agent.sources = tail-source
agent.sinks = log-sink hdfs-sink

Log on the console:

14/10/07 10:08:15 INFO nodemanager.DefaultLogicalNodeManager: Starting new configuration:{ sourceRunners:{tail-source=EventDrivenSourceRunner: { source:org.apache.flume.source.ExecSource{name:tail-source,state:IDLE} }} sinkRunners:{hdfs-sink=SinkRunner: { policy:org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor@100bac2 counterGroup:{ name:null counters:{} } }, log-sink=SinkRunner: { policy:org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor@e51b2c counterGroup:{ name:null counters:{} } }} channels:{memoryChannel=org.apache.flume.channel.MemoryChannel{name: memoryChannel}} }
14/10/07 10:08:15 INFO nodemanager.DefaultLogicalNodeManager: Starting Channel memoryChannel
14/10/07 10:08:15 INFO nodemanager.DefaultLogicalNodeManager: Waiting for channel: memoryChannel to start. Sleeping for 500 ms
14/10/07 10:08:15 INFO instrumentation.MonitoredCounterGroup: Component type: CHANNEL, name: memoryChannel started
14/10/07 10:08:16 INFO nodemanager.DefaultLogicalNodeManager: Starting Sink hdfs-sink
14/10/07 10:08:16 INFO nodemanager.DefaultLogicalNodeManager: Starting Sink log-sink
14/10/07 10:08:16 INFO instrumentation.MonitoredCounterGroup: Component type: SINK, name: hdfs-sink started
14/10/07 10:08:16 INFO nodemanager.DefaultLogicalNodeManager: Starting Source tail-source
14/10/07 10:08:16 INFO source.ExecSource: Exec source starting with command:tail -F /var/log/hadoop/hadoop-hadoop-jobtracker-localhost.localdomain.log

Thanks,

Azzu

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here