Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Following the CDH5 pseudo distributed mode guide, start hbase-regionserver fails with error, why?

Following the CDH5 pseudo distributed mode guide, start hbase-regionserver fails with error, why?

New Contributor

Following the CDH5 installation guide, I get the following error:

[root@ronin ~]# service hbase-regionserver start Starting Hadoop HBase regionserver daemon: starting regionserver, logging to /var/log/hbase/hbase-hbase-regionserver-ronin.kwttestdc.local.out ERROR.

However, I cannot find a way to debug the error in order to work out why it's failing (The error message itself is useless).

Could anyone shed some light on how to further troubleshoot/debug this , or recommend a fix if this has been encountered before ?

Thanks,

TGW

1 REPLY 1

Re: Following the CDH5 pseudo distributed mode guide, start hbase-regionserver fails with error, why

Are you able to look into the region server log mentioned in your note? That would be the first thing I'd check. Paste the relevant log section here or upload it to pastebin

Regards,
Gautam Gopalakrishnan