Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST

For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST

New Contributor

Hi - I'm very new to Hadoop. Now, I'm working on setting up a single-node hadoop cluster and I faced the error as below,

HDP: Reading HDP layout from E:\Software\Hadoop\hdp-1.1.0-GA\hdp-1.1.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt
HDP FAILURE: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST
At E:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\InstallApi.psm1:240 char:18
+             throw <<<<  "For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST"
WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from E:\Software\Hadoop\hdp-1.1.0-GA\hdp-1.1.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn't contains drive identifier, checking skipped WARNING: Target path doesn't contains drive identifier, checking skipped Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same  as HIVE_SERVER_HOST
At E:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:38
 3 char:11
 +     Write-Log <<<<  $_.Exception.Message "Failure" $_
     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep 
    tion
     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio 
    n,Write-Log

I've attached my clusterproperties.txt file and I'm using the clusterproperties.txthdp-1.1.0-GA.winpkg.msi file to install the HDP.

Please help. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: For DB_FLAVOR derby the DB_HOSTNAME should be the same as HIVE_SERVER_HOST