Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

FreeIPA and HDP2.6

Re: FreeIPA and HDP2.6

Rising Star

I've got the exact same issue, after an IPA Patch this weekend I can longer generate keytabs. Also took down some other stuff yet the responses from kinit look correct.

Highlighted

@Shawn Weeks

I suggest that you open a new thread and post more information about your issue. Ambari version, logs, etc...

Highlighted

Rising Star

Since this is the #1 and only google hit for this issue we need to get whatever the answer is posted here. There is obviously some sort of undefined behavior with how Ambari is reading responses from IPA as the return does look correct.

Highlighted

@Shawn Weeks

What version of Ambari are you using. The warning message from the original description should be fixed in Ambari 2.7.0 and up. If you create a new thread (to not confuse this one), we can try to work out the issue.

Highlighted

Rising Star

@Robert Levas

Ambari 2.6.2, I have a ticket open for this but no one at Hortonworks has ever seen it before except for this post. Specifically my issue is the whole "trying to password for demo-121117 got:

at"

not the warning.Somehow the process interaction with kinit get's a bunch of null characters instead of the response it expected.

Highlighted

@Shawn Weeks
I have a ticket open for this but no one at Hortonworks has ever seen it before except for this post.

I do not see anything relevant from you in the JIRA system - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-14714?jql=project%20%3D%20AMBARI%20AND%20status%20%3D%2....

Where is the open ticket?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here