Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Generateflow file not genarating flow files

Expert Contributor

Hi ,

I am trying to generate a sample flow file using generateflowfile processor . i have scheduled it for 5 secs . i don't see any file getting generated . Does this need any additional grants . please find the screenshot of the properties .

sample flow :-

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@Bharadwaj Bhimavarapu

Along the menu bar at the top of the NiFi UI is there is a field that shows the current number of active threads in your NiFi.

16644-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-21827-pm.png

Is this a standalone NIFi install or a multi-node NIFi cluster?

Under "Controller Settings" found within the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the UI, What do you have configured for "Maximum Timer Driven Thread Count" and " Maximum Event Driven Thread Count"?

I am wondering if you have some other processors in your NIFi holding all your available threads so this processor cannot get one.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Rising Star

@Bharadwaj Bhimavarapu There are no attachments to the question. Can you please check again? Do you see any error message on the processor or in the bulletin board, or in nifi-app.log?

Expert Contributor

@Shashank Chandhok for some reason i am not able to upload . But its an simple generateflowfile processor . I don't see any errors neither in bulliton board nor in app logs .

Expert Contributor

Super Mentor

@Bharadwaj Bhimavarapu

Can you also share a screenshot of your GenerateFlowFile "scheduling" and "settings" tabs as well. Is this the only flow on your graph? Anything odd in the nifi-app.log when you start the processor?

Expert Contributor

@Matt Clarke

Please find the screen shots attached. I don'tcapture3.pngcapture4.png see any thing in app.logs about this processor .

@Bharadwaj Bhimavarapu

If you want to have the processor run every 5 seconds, then you would set that using property "Run Schedule" under the Schedule tab like this

16643-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-125022-pm.png

Expert Contributor

@Wynner after making the change also .. i dont see any flowfiles getting genarated .

Super Mentor
@Bharadwaj Bhimavarapu

Along the menu bar at the top of the NiFi UI is there is a field that shows the current number of active threads in your NiFi.

16644-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-21827-pm.png

Is this a standalone NIFi install or a multi-node NIFi cluster?

Under "Controller Settings" found within the hamburger menu in the upper right corner of the UI, What do you have configured for "Maximum Timer Driven Thread Count" and " Maximum Event Driven Thread Count"?

I am wondering if you have some other processors in your NIFi holding all your available threads so this processor cannot get one.

Thanks,

Matt

Expert Contributor

@Matt Clarke

Do we have any caluclation on how to set those numbers .