Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Getting Exception while installing HDP using Ambari

New Contributor

Hi

The Host Registration get failed all the time due to several reasons. In the Third step of the Ambari Cluster Creation wizard, User should give the list of hosts to be added to the cluster with their FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name). Then in the next section, should submit the appropriate SSH Private Key RSA. I correctly copied the SSH Private Key into the textarea.

When I give the SSH User Account as root I get the following errors

==========================
Creating target directory...

Command start time 2016-03-17 18:43:30

Permission denied (publickey,password).
SSH command execution finished
host=FQDN_HOST1, exitcode=255
Command end time 2016-03-17 18:43:31

ERROR: Bootstrap of host FQDN_HOST1 fails because previous  action finished with non-zero exit code (255)
ERROR MESSAGE: Permission denied (publickey,password).

STDOUT: 
Permission denied (publickey,password).

And when I changed the user account to hduser, which is my user account name, I get the following errors

Creating target directory...

Command start time 2016-03-17 18:23:37
Automatic Agent registration timed out (timeout = 300 seconds). 
Check  your network connectivity and retry registration, or use manual agent registration.

some time I used to get the follwoing error in log file :

18 Mar 2016 17:48:02,212 ERROR [qtp-ambari-client-30] BaseManagementHandler:57 - Caught a system exception while attempting to create a resource: An internal system exception occurred: Host not found, hostname=
org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.SystemException: An internal system exception occurred: Host not found, hostname=
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.AbstractResourceProvider.createResources(AbstractResourceProvider.java:282)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.RequestResourceProvider.createResources(RequestResourceProvider.java:163)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.internal.ClusterControllerImpl.createResources(ClusterControllerImpl.java:289)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.persistence.PersistenceManagerImpl.create(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:76)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.handlers.CreateHandler.persist(CreateHandler.java:36)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.handlers.BaseManagementHandler.handleRequest(BaseManagementHandler.java:72)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.BaseRequest.process(BaseRequest.java:135)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.BaseService.handleRequest(BaseService.java:106)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.BaseService.handleRequest(BaseService.java:75)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.RequestService.createRequests(RequestService.java:145)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)

How to rectify these errors? Stuck for long time!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Getting Exception while installing HDP using Ambari

Mentor

@Ram Sharma please make sure ssh keys have proper permissions, make sure passwordless ssh works between nodes, make sure ntp is working, SELinux is disabled and firewall is down. Alternatively you can try manual agent registration. the link is in the documentation, follow each step carefully to prepare the environment http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.1/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_prepare_the_e...

Re: Getting Exception while installing HDP using Ambari

Contributor

Hi @Ram Sharma

Please check if the ambari-server has the ambari.repo file. That was the issue for me. Somone had moved it