Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Getting JsonMappingException Message running MR WordCount in Cloudera 5.8

Getting JsonMappingException Message running MR WordCount in Cloudera 5.8

New Contributor

Hello,

Till now, I was using Cloudera 5.7 and my MR programs (just simple examples) were running fine without errors.  This morning, I installed Cloudera 5.8 (on a separate VM) by downloading the image file (no upgrade on the existing 5.7 - this still works fine and is independent of my 5.8 install).  

Ever since installing 5.8, I tried running the simple WordCount program (from Eclipse) and am getting the following error:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

og4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.lib.MutableMetricsFactory).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/map/JsonMappingException
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.getJobSubmitter(Job.java:1291)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.submit(Job.java:1302)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job.waitForCompletion(Job.java:1325)
at wordCount.main(wordCount.java:36)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.jackson.map.JsonMappingException
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
... 4 more

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you help me please?  How do I fix this and get my program running?

Thanks,

Sriram