Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Getting VirtualBox Error while importing Virtual Appliance

I downloaded the HDP 2.3.2 sandbox. Following that I am trying to import the Virual Appliance into the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager. I keep getting the following errors. The site says the sandbox file is supposed to be 8.5G but the downloaded file is only 2G. Can someone please help? Thanks a lot.

Failed to import appliance C:\Users\xxxxxxx\Downloads\HDP_2.3.2_virtualbox.ova.
Could not create the imported medium 'C:\Users\xxxxxxx\VirtualBox VMs\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk'.
VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted 'C:\Windows\system32\Hortonworks Sandbox with HDP 2.3.2-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).
Result Code: 
VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: 
ApplianceWrap
Interface: 
IAppliance {8398f026-4add-4474-5bc3-2f9f2140b23e}
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A couple of things. 1. The file must have only partially downloaded. 2. You downloaded the vmdk for vmware. You'll need to select the download for VirtualBox. The file will have a .ova extension.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

A couple of things. 1. The file must have only partially downloaded. 2. You downloaded the vmdk for vmware. You'll need to select the download for VirtualBox. The file will have a .ova extension.

Correction. You have the right file. Try downloading again. I think your download is corrupted.

I had the same problem , I downloaded he HDP 2.3.2 sandbox two times and it is in the correct size, where I am using the VirualBox Version 5.0.14 , I download the .ova file using Free Download Manager

New Contributor

check this video for solution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNebUgKxKqw

What you mean by tune compression

New Contributor

I have downloaded the nagios with the .ova extension but the thing is not still going displaying the same output

@Scott Shaw, Hi, Thanks for the quick response. I have tried downloading it about 4 times now. The first 3 times were yesterday over VPN. Today I retried over LAN. For some reason the download seems to be terminating exactly when the file size reaches 2G. Please help.

Are you using a corporate network? Maybe there is a download restriction?

I have tried via LAN from corporate network, corporate network via VPN and direct internet via my ISP. All the downloads completed/terminated when the file size reached 2G.