Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Getting error while ssh azureSandbox - Permission denied, please try again.

New Contributor

Hello,

I am getting error while doing ssh azureSandbox.

Details are below:

[Ankit@sandbox ~]$ ssh azureSandbox azure@52.183.46.251's password: Permission denied, please try again. azure@52.183.46.251's password:

Here I am using same password that I created while doing Azure setup.

Please Help !

Thanks,

Ankit

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Getting error while ssh azureSandbox - Permission denied, please try again.

Explorer

Please use ssh with -v so you will see more details.

Expert Contributor

@Ankit Mishra,

When you created the sandbox, what User Name did you specify? If you are using the User name and password that you specified when creating the sandbox, it should work.

John

Rising Star

@Ankit Mishra you can also reset the password using the Azure interface if you open up your instance:

1. Got to https://portal.azure.com
  2. Select your virtual machine
  3. Click on Settings
  4. Select Reset Password

New Contributor

Thanks !!

Its is working fine now.

I am getting below error now while connecting to ssh.

ssh azureSandbox

Password: bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 8080 bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 8888 bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 9995 bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 9996 bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 8886 bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 10500 bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 4200 bind: Address already in use channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 2222 Could not request local forwarding.

Please help !

Regards,

Ankit

New Contributor

Hey Aditya,

I am facing this issue. Did you solve the issue? If so can you help me out in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Varun

Expert Contributor

@Ankit Mishra,

It looks like your ssh azureSandbox is trying to do port forwarding and those ports are already forwarded somewhere. If you make multiple connections to the sandbox with ssh, you can only have one of those do port forwarding. I can't tell how the forwarding is being requested based on your 'ssh azureSandbox' notation. Do you have a shell script that is making the forwarding requests? Do you get connected as root to your sandbox? Are you able to log in and work on it?

John