Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Getting exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.kafka.KafkaTimelineMetricsReporter

Getting exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.kafka.KafkaTimelineMetricsReporter

Hi,

I am getting below exception, while I try to restart kafka service (which is running over HDF environment- Kafka 0.10.2).

I was getting this exception, as I had the disk space consuming 100% of the log directory and Kafka service went down because of that. As, I did cleared the space for the logs and restarted the kafka service, I was getting the below exception:

2017-09-09 16:56:36,751] FATAL (kafka.Kafka$) java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.kafka.KafkaTimelineMetricsReporter at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:348) at kafka.utils.CoreUtils$.createObject(CoreUtils.scala:174) at kafka.metrics.KafkaMetricsReporter$anonfun$startReporters$1.apply(KafkaMetricsReporter.scala:65) at kafka.metrics.KafkaMetricsReporter$anonfun$startReporters$1.apply(KafkaMetricsReporter.scala:64) at scala.collection.IndexedSeqOptimized$class.foreach(IndexedSeqOptimized.scala:33) at scala.collection.mutable.WrappedArray.foreach(WrappedArray.scala:34) at kafka.metrics.KafkaMetricsReporter$.startReporters(KafkaMetricsReporter.scala:64) at kafka.server.KafkaServerStartable$.fromProps(KafkaServerStartable.scala:27) at kafka.Kafka$.main(Kafka.scala:

6] FATAL Fatal error during KafkaServerStartable startup. Prepare to shutdown (kafka.server.KafkaServerStartable) java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "logs.bk" at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:65) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:580) at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:615) at scala.collection.immutable.StringLike$class.toInt(StringLike.scala:229)

Any ideas here, like how can I overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Sravanthi

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Getting exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.kafka.KafkaTimelineMetricsReporter

New Contributor

Please follow the steps detailed in here but replacing supervisor nodes with broker nodes.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here