Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Getting onschedule error while using GetHDFS property

Getting onschedule error while using GetHDFS property

Explorer

I am new to the Nifi, it will be helpful if you can help to find the solution for the below error:

"failed to invoke @OnScheduled method due to java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's OnScheduled task.; processor will not be scheduled to run for 30000 milliseconds: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed while executing one of processor's OnScheduled task."

I am not calling any method like onScheduled, but its throwing this error.

Actually I am getting files from network folder and loaded in HDFS cluster(ex:/tmp/gurupreet/) and then getting this files from "/tmp/gurupreet" to another HDFS folder.

so while using getHDFS to get files from "/tmp/gurupreet" getting this onSchedule error.

Please help me on this.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Getting onschedule error while using GetHDFS property

Please provide the details you will find in the log file: ./logs/nifi-app.log

In particular you should find a stacktrace related to your error with additional information.

Highlighted

Explorer

I am trying to find the logs but unable to get, actually my client has setup everything and they provide me only the url to open the nifi. I try to get it. meanwhile it will be good if you can tell me the reason for this error, why it will raised, or it will be any limit of using GetHDFS property because I am already used 1 getHDFS in the same property group and this one is the second which is having the error.

Highlighted

I can't tell why you have this error without a complete stacktrace, but it may indicate a configuration problem regarding provided HDFS configuration files, or a problem regarding the right access to the HDFS directory. The user trying to access HDFS will be the user running NiFi application. This user must be allowed to access the directory you configured.

Highlighted

Explorer

Can you help to do by storing my log/stacktrace in my specific folder.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for the help Pierre Villard, the problem is with the Attribute value, when I hard code the path its working fine.....

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here