Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Grafana Failed to start on HDP2.4.2

Contributor

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call raise Fail(err_msg) resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Execution of '/usr/sbin/ambari-metrics-grafana start' returned 1. Starting Ambari Metrics Grafana: .... FAILED

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

On troubleshooting found the solution:

We were installing Ambari Metrics as customised user and the permission on /var/lib/ambari-metrics-grafana directory was owned by root.

we changed the ownership of directory to customised grafana user/group and after that grafana service was started.

It can be checked on server as netstat -nlp | grep 3000

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

Hi Jigar,

Can you check if a Grafana instance is already running on that host, and Ambari is not picking it up?

ps aux | grep grafana

If it is running, please check if cat /var/run/ambari-metrics-grafana/grafana-server.pid matches the process id.

If it is not running, please share the Grafana logs (/var/log/ambari-metrics-grafana/*)

Contributor

@Aravindan Vijayan

I'm experiencing the same problem with jigar. I checked it using your stated command and here's the result.

13905-grafana-process.png

It seems that it doesn't match the pid.

Contributor

On troubleshooting found the solution:

We were installing Ambari Metrics as customised user and the permission on /var/lib/ambari-metrics-grafana directory was owned by root.

we changed the ownership of directory to customised grafana user/group and after that grafana service was started.

It can be checked on server as netstat -nlp | grep 3000

Super Collaborator

@Bruce Perez This intermittent issue is fixed in Ambari 2.5.0 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-19054.

Please change the pid file to match the actual PID.

echo 31695 > /var/run/ambari-metrics-grafana/grafana-server.pid

Contributor
@Aravindan Vijayan

: Thanks! it fixes my issue.