Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Grafana Security

Expert Contributor

Hi All - i'm looking for information on Grafana security ..

eg. how to create groups/users & provide them access to dashboards.

Pls. let me know.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Grafana has a concept of Organizations & Users, and can be managed through the Grafana UI. You can create new orgs, assign user to orgs, give users viewer/editor/admin privileges.

Check out the Grafana Admin option in the left pane.

11135-screen-shot-2017-01-04-at-25948-pm.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Expert Contributor

@Aravindan Vijayan - any idea on this ?

Expert Contributor

@Terry Stebbens, @Pradheep Shan - any ideas on this ?

Super Collaborator

Grafana has a concept of Organizations & Users, and can be managed through the Grafana UI. You can create new orgs, assign user to orgs, give users viewer/editor/admin privileges.

Check out the Grafana Admin option in the left pane.

11135-screen-shot-2017-01-04-at-25948-pm.png

Expert Contributor

@Aravindan Vijayan -

Thanks, i was able to create the organizations & assign users to the organization.

Is there a way of sharing (i mean providing access to existing graphs & data sources) the Data Sources & Dashboards/Graph between organizations or users ?

Currently, i'm unable to VIEW existing Data Sources & Graphs created when logged in as Main Org, when i'm logged in as user belonging to different organization created (eg. new Organization created - GDCS)

How do we do this sharing ? Pls. let me know.

Super Collaborator

Within an organization, dashboards are already shared. The privileges can be managed through http://<Grafana_host>:3000/org/users if you are logged in as an admin user.

As far as I know, in the Grafana version that ships with Ambari, a dashboard belongs to an organization, and cannot be shared across orgs. You can workaround this by setting the organization to the desired one from the Grafana UI, and then restarting Grafana through Ambari. It will create the datasource & dashboards for the current org.

New Contributor

How to delete the new created organizations.