Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Group names from AD contain special characters are they supported for Ranger ?

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Group names from AD contain special characters are they supported for Ranger ?

Contributor

Windows' UID and GID values are 9-digit UID / GID values? Will it function properly when Ranger's authorization policies are dependent on it? Some group names contain special characters. Are they going to cause any technical difficulties to the cluster, especially to Ranger?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Group names from AD contain special characters are they supported for Ranger ?

I dont think it should create any problem , i have a ranger intsance that is syncing users from AD , and in ad i created a group with special character , and that is syncd properly and i am able to create the policy with that too

4995-screen-shot-2016-06-14-at-112418-am.png

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Group names from AD contain special characters are they supported for Ranger ?

I dont think it should create any problem , i have a ranger intsance that is syncing users from AD , and in ad i created a group with special character , and that is syncd properly and i am able to create the policy with that too

4995-screen-shot-2016-06-14-at-112418-am.png

Contributor

@dsharma Thank you