Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HAWQ not recognizing YARN Resource Manager queue

Highlighted

HAWQ not recognizing YARN Resource Manager queue

New Contributor

When I register a custom YARN queue to work with HAWQ it fails to acquire the resources from YARN and gives me the below error:

ERROR: failed to acquire resource from resource manager, resource request is timed out due to no available cluster (pquery.c:804)

It should be noted that I'm still able to manage HAWQ's resources with YARN but only when I use the queue in YARN.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: HAWQ not recognizing YARN Resource Manager queue

New Contributor

I think it could be a configuration issue .When you say "custom yarn queue" ,Is this the queue you are configuring in the capacity scheduler.xml file ? Could you please attach your configuration files and we can review the same .

You can check the following parameters to get more details

<property>
   <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.root.queues</name>
   <value>mrque1,mrque2,hawqque</value>
</property>
<property>
      <name>hawq_rm_yarn_queue_name</name>
      <value>hawqque</value></property>
<property>

<property>
  <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.hawqque.capacity</name>
  <value>20</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.hawqque.maximum-capacity</name>
  <value>80</value>
</property>

Re: HAWQ not recognizing YARN Resource Manager queue

New Contributor

Yes, by the custom YARN queue I mean the queue which I configured in the capacity-scheduler of Yarn. I used the exact same configurations as suggested by you above but it didn't work so I switched back to using the default queue in Yarn. I'll again change the configs on my sandbox to use a custom queue and will share the config files shortly. Thanks for your help..:)

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here