Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HBASE/FALCON replication

Rising Star

I am trying to setup Falcon to setup HBASE replication.

So I tried to create a Falcon cluster as outlined in :

https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/create-falcon-cluster/

But after creating the Falcon user and logging into Ambari as Falcon user, I found the screen empty - without the Your Views options as listed in above url under sub heading : Preparing HDFS directories.

But if I log out and then re-login as admin then I can see the views for Yarn, Hive and Tez.

Am I missing something?

Appreciate the feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

First, I think you meant HDFS/Falcon replication. Hbase has its own replication method.

Regarding you see screen empty, that's the permission issue. I think you missed one step in the tutorial that to setup permission (assign to views group in the tutorial) for the newly created falcon user.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Rising Star

It is all good now. Thanks.

Rising Star

In Creating a Cluster Entity, I am not sure what values to use.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0/bk_data_governance/content/section_creating...

What are the values to be entered in the Interfaces and Properties sections?

The Hortonworks documentation lacks specific instructions.

Expert Contributor

The interfaces are required component. I think when you enter into that page, it will give you sample value, i.e. hftp://sandbox.hortonworks.com:50070, you then need to change the url to you own setting if not on the sandbox. Detail information on these setting, you can find at https://falcon.apache.org/EntitySpecification.html.

The properties are optional, you can define your own properties. You can check in the link I listed above as well.

Rising Star

Frank thanks. I found all the required values and clicked on Save. It is still giving some error but I am not able to see that the error is. If I click on Notifications I can see some old errors but not able to scroll down to see the latest error. If I click on the scroll bar the Notification window simply closes. Any idea where the physical logs of falcon are held?

Rising Star

It finally came through after a long long time. I thought there was an error but after more than an hour I got a create cluster success message! Ok, next step is to create the Falcon backup cluster. My HDP backup cluster is actually another separate physical cluster. So should I create the Falcon backup cluster on the primary or the backup cluster. Appreciate the feedback.

Rising Star

I had setup Falcon mirroring based on this document

https://hortonworks.com/hadoop-tutorial/mirroring-datasets-between-hadoop-clusters-with-apache-falco...

The one single difference is that unlike the example in the document which seems to be using a single hdfs cluster, I am using two different clusters - each with its set of nodes.

At the outset after running the mirror job it is NOT working for me.

Some initial questions are :

1. After creating a Falcon Cluster, how do we view it(s) definition? I had created two falcon clusters - one for the primary and another for the target. I would like to see the information falcon holds for them.

2. After executing a Falcon job how do we check the logs to see what it did and where it failed?

Appreciate the insights.

Rising Star

Hello, any feedback on the Falcon issues? I have configured the Falcon clusters and also the job. But replication is not happening. I enabled Ozzie log as shown in the Hortonworks site (including restarting Oozie) but still I can see the log as disabled in the job error log. Not sure why.

Also in Falcon UI if I click on the job I can see one or two instances (?) of the job running, while the rest are WAITING. So to restart the job I just have to Suspend and Resume?

So when will the RUNNING jobs end and when will the WAITING jobs start?

Appreciate the feedback.

Expert Contributor

Could you open a new thread, so that somebody else will chime in if I am not available?