Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HBase Browser is not available in Hue Web UI

HBase Browser is not available in Hue Web UI

New Contributor

Hi All -

I'm pretty new to Cloudera and I have downloaded CDH 5.6 and experimenting/ going through tutorials. While executing HBase tutorials I see that HBase Browser is not available in Hue Web UI. Could you point me in the direction?

Thank you!

Onur

Hue Web UI.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: HBase Browser is not available in Hue Web UI

Expert Contributor

Hue has a blacklist option to not display apps that are not configured.  By default CM will blacklist any app in Hue that has not been selected as a service dependency in the Hue service.  Try this:

- Go to the Hue service configuration in CM.

- Look for "HBase Service" and make sure that your Hbase service is actually selected instead of "none".

- Also Hue uses Hbase thrift server to connect.  So make sure you add an Hbase thrift server instance to your HBase service if one doesn't already exist.

- Once the Hbase thrift server instance is added in Hbase service.  Then go back to Hue service configuration and search for "HBase Thrift Server" and make sure that an HBase thrift server is selected instead of "none".

- Restart Hue.

Hope this helps.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here