Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HBase Region Server keeps stopping after I restart with Ambari

HBase Region Server keeps stopping after I restart with Ambari

New Contributor

When I restart HBase Region server from Ambari, it starts without any error but quickly stops.

When I checked in /var/log/hbase, I found this error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction of Regionserver: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.constructRegionServer(HRegionServer.java:3667) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.start(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:60) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.run(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:75) at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:76) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76) at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:3691)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: HBase Region Server keeps stopping after I restart with Ambari

New Contributor

@Sai Dileep

Did the issue start after an Ambari upgrade? In that case you might need to check the value for "hbase.bucketcache.size". Please check the below HCC thread for more details.

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/10111/hbase-region-servers-not-starting-after-ambari-upg...

Also if you could paste the entire error stack, that would be more helpful.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here