Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

HBaseMaster Connection Error

HBaseMaster Connection Error

New Contributor

master.BackupLogCleaner: Failed to get hbase:backup table, therefore will keep all files org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: hbase:backup

8 REPLIES 8

Re: HBaseMaster Connection Error

New Contributor

I was not able to fix the problem by going into the the hbase zkcli and deleting the data under /hbase-unsecure,after that I start hbase again but not working

Can you try restarting your master. Post master restart hbase:backup table should automatically get created, if it doesn't then check hbase master logs for errors .

New Contributor

@Ankit Singhal

Already done this but still getting same error, Master started as "Standby Hbase Master" then after some time it again stop.

Check that at least one regionserver should be up eventually when HBase master is getting live.

New Contributor

@Ankit We have single node cluster, HBase Master and RegionServer is on same node and regionserver is up and running.

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Hi Harish,

Before start working on HBase you can check the status of both Hbase Master and regionserver by using following commands.

sudo service hbase-master status

sudo service regionserver status

If both are not working then start these service first and start working

sudo service hbase-master start

sudo service regionserver start

Hope it will work.

Thanks,

Mahesh

New Contributor

@Mahesh Mallikarjunappa I tried to start HMaster but it stopped again in 1-2 mins.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28563167/hbase-master-not-starting-correct

I tried above link also but my bad

Expert Contributor

can you please try the solutions mentioned in following link. Hope will work this time.

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Storage-Random-Access-HDFS/HBase-Master-Failed-to-become-active-ma...

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here