Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HBaseSink HDP 2.3.2 HBase client version

We recently upgraded from HDP 2.1.4 to HDP 2.3.2 and I have some Flume agents that use HBaseSink to publish logs to HBase. After the upgrade I've been receiving the error found below. I compiled my customer event serializer for my events against HBase version 1.1.2.2.3.2.0-2950 and Hadoop version 2.7.1.2.3.2.0-2950 but something still isn't right. Is there something special I need to do to get this working? HDP 2.3.2 contains HBase 1.1.2 + Hadoop 2.7.1 + Flume 1.5.2

18 Aug 2016 19:02:24,873 ERROR [SinkRunner-PollingRunner-DefaultSinkProcessor] (org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.HBaseSink.process:356)  - Failed to commit transaction.Transaction rolled back.
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Put.setWriteToWAL(Z)V
	at org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.HBaseSink$3.run(HBaseSink.java:379)
	at org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.HBaseSink$3.run(HBaseSink.java:374)
	at org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.HBaseSink.runPrivileged(HBaseSink.java:427)
	at org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.HBaseSink.putEventsAndCommit(HBaseSink.java:374)
	at org.apache.flume.sink.hbase.HBaseSink.process(HBaseSink.java:344)
	at org.apache.flume.sink.DefaultSinkProcessor.process(DefaultSinkProcessor.java:68)
	at org.apache.flume.SinkRunner$PollingRunner.run(SinkRunner.java:147)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Put.setWriteToWAL(Z)V

That is Flume client issue, version is not compatible with HBase 1.1.2. Make sure you use right version of Flume and if it comes with HBDP 2.3.2, then issue should be raised on Flume/HBase incompatibility.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Rising Star

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Put.setWriteToWAL(Z)V

That is Flume client issue, version is not compatible with HBase 1.1.2. Make sure you use right version of Flume and if it comes with HBDP 2.3.2, then issue should be raised on Flume/HBase incompatibility.