Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HCA - HORTONWORKS CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE Certification Details

Expert Contributor

I am planning for HCA - HORTONWORKS CERTIFIED ASSOCIATE Certification in next 2 months. I have already checked the exam objective and it is vast. I am reading below book for certification

Apress.Pro.Apache.Hadoop.2nd.Edition

Is this sufficient for passing the certification ? Can anyone tell me how to prepare for this certification ? Can someone share sample question being asked in this HCA certification?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are correct that we do not post any sample questions for the HCA certification, but we will evaluate if that is a logical step for this entry-level certification. You correctly found the objectives at http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/ExamObjectives-HCAssociate.pdf and while these are "vast" as you described, please note that the HCA "provides for individuals an entry point and validates the fundamental skills required to progress to the higher levels of the Hortonworks certification program".

If you are comfortable with the materials discussed in the Hadoop Essentials course, http://hortonworks.com/training/class/hadoop-essentials/, then you are an ideal candidate for this examination. Good luck!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36

We continuing to review the entire certification offerings for if & when changes are to be made. We will be sure to give adequate time to all folks preparing for exams if/when changes are made. As for bundling a HCA voucher in with the Essentials course, no decision has been made to do so as of yet.

Contributor

Hello,

I cleared HDPCD: Java on 10 Feb 2017.

What is the validity for my certification? shall i attempt the new expert level certification?

The expert level certification was not yet released. When they will be started?

Please clarify my doubts.

Thank you.

Contributor

Hi @Arkaprova Saha.. I cleared the HCA paper today. Instead of going through some book, I picked up the topics from HCA Exam Objectives pdf and went through the hyperlinks embedded within the same document. Thank you Hortonworks for a free voucher and @Lester Martin for your answers by the way 🙂 I'll go for HDPCD in 2-3 months from now.

Hi @Vishal Jaiswal so, do you have studied only just the URL reccomended by HCA Exam Objectives, I mean, corporate page on their website like "How Works.... Pig" for example or "What is ..." ?

Do you remember any difficult question ? Many question about some topics ?

I am interested because during April I will try !

Thanks

Contributor

Yeah @Emanuele Parente.. I went through the URLs. Also went through youtube tutorials for each topic. Not sure if it is legal to share the questions..

Hi @Vishal Jaiswal thanks for your reply. Yes, sure ... sharing questions is absolutely not legaly 🙂 In fact, I asked a feedback abot the exam, in general ... Thanks !

New Contributor

@Vishal Jaiswal. Could you share the link to one of the youtube tutorial for the topic? I'm going through the URLs for the exam objective but I don't think each has a youtube tutorial. Thanks!