Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

HDF 2.1.1.0/ Nifi Metrics not available in Ambari

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I'm running HDF 2.1.1.0 in a 2 nodes cluster, managed by Ambari.

Ambari metrics is installed and configured, and I indeed can see metrics for everything , except for Nifi for which the Widgets are all reporting "No Data Available"

Ambari-metrics is installed and run on both nodes, I have not seen errors in the logs, and the configuration looks OK to me as well.

Anu hints will be welcome.

Thanks!

Christophe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Christophe Vico,

Could you confirm, in NiFi, that the Ambari reporting task is correctly configured and running? You will find the information in the menu / Controllers / Reporting tasks.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Christophe Vico,

Could you confirm, in NiFi, that the Ambari reporting task is correctly configured and running? You will find the information in the menu / Controllers / Reporting tasks.

Thanks

Expert Contributor

Hi @Pierre Villard

Thanks for prompt reaction.

The Ambari Reporting task was indeed not present. I added & configured it. It's running and sending data:

2017-02-17 10:40:41,086 INFO [Timer-Driven Process Thread-10] o.a.n.r.ambari.AmbariReportingTask AmbariReportingTask[id=4b551cf1-015a-1000-ffff-ffff8823e94e] Successfully sent metrics to Ambari in 0 ms

However my Nifi Widgets (Ambari >Nifi >summary) keep diplaying "No Data".

I have restarted both Ambari Server & Ambari-metrics, yet to no luck.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks

Christophe

Rising Star

Hi @Christophe Le Rouzo

The reporting tasks are set up during setup of NiFi and reside in the flow.xml.gz file. [1] Is there any chance that you manually replaced the flow.xml.gz on the nodes with a new one?

In below link, please search for "flow.xml" for an explanation as well as a way to customize it during setup.

[1] https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/57980/hdf-20-apache-nifi-integration-with-apache-ambarir....

Thanks,

Bryan

Expert Contributor

Hi @brosander,

Now that you bring up, I remember to have indeed deleted one flow.xml.gz once I faced an issue with out-of-sync cluster.

I would have expected the flow.xml.gz to be replicated from the active node. Maybe it did not happen.

That said, I've just extracted my flow.xml.gz. and compared it (for the Ambari metric related node) to the template and the bootstrap.conf content, and I believe my recreation of the task to be accurate.

The URL is correct (confirmed by the logs that report a successful data submissions), the application code ('nifi') is matching bootstrap.conf file.

Hostname is set to ${hostname(true)}, which matches the template.

Do I need to reset anything Ambari-Metrics-collector ? (I would assume that ambari-metrics still has a record of the old task-id)

Thanks

Christophe

Expert Contributor

Hello,

The metrics are back. Not sure how (i just stopped & restarted the task to extract its settings).

My problem is solved 🙂

Thanks!

Christophe